Are you Procurement manager from an Engineering, Mechanical services or contract procurement background? If so this is the role for you.
- You’ll be involved in leading the procurement process for a leading ventilation and ductwork contractor. You’ll draw upon your knowledge of the procurement/buying process and promote continuous improvement in an environment where your ideas and values are wanted.
- You’ll know how to build relationships with business supply chain, and will be heavily involved with performance management.
- As you are comfortable negotiating cost, you’ll be able to use your skills to drive down cost, negotiating reductions with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Liaising with finance, project management, estimating and the wider purchasing team is essential to ensure tenders are underpinned with accurate costing.
- Scoring performance, creating monthly reports, maintaining a procurement schedule and procurement strategies and things you will be passionate about, you’ll take your ideas into this role to promote further improvements across the business.
- Will be experienced in purchasing within a construction contracting environment
- Demonstrable experience of an ERP system such as Sage or SAP
- Demonstrable experience in supply chain management and improvement (subcontractors and suppliers)
- Flexible in their approach recognising that the demands and priorities of a dynamic purchasing function may change on a daily basis.
- Full driving license
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
- Procurement related qualification
- Construction project experience (based on-site)
- International supply chain management / procurement experience