Mechanical Fitter – Water Treatment Equipment
Mechanical Fitter – Water Treatment Equipment
£15.50 + OT 1&1/2
Contract 3 months +
The post of Field Engineer is a mobile role and you will work at various locations, mainly across the UK but not necessarily limited to this. You are part of the Business Support team and will report to the Labour Manager who is based at the company’s head office.
To install and maintain water treatment equipment to a high standard in order to best meet customer expectations. Additionally to prepare quotes for new or replacement equipment as requested by customers or Account Managers. To work with Account Managers to find cost effective solutions to clients technical issues. You are required to conduct all work in a safe fashion and comply with any relevant legislation or client policies. Be proactive in identifying opportunities for improvements to systems and prepare proposals for Account Managers and /or clients as required.
- Installation, maintenance and repairs of water treatment equipment to include electrical connections and chemical/water connections within their competence/qualification scope.
- Conducting site surveys and preparing comprehensive detailed quotes in a timely fashion for clients or Account Managers
- Building and maintaining good relationships through appropriate communication with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Completing field documentation and reports and ensuring they are circulated to the relevant stakeholders within the required time frames.
- Maintaining their equipment in accordance with any company or statutory prescribed inspection regime. Reporting any deficiencies or repairs required in a timely fashion.
- Proactive in making recommendations to clients and/or Account Managers for improvements to existing systems, including detailed proposal as required.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of commonly required tools and spares for reactive works
- To ensure all goods used are accounted for and invoiced correctly.
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure their own safety and that of others. Complies with all current legislation and any prevailing site rules. Reports any accidents, incidents or near misses in accordance with Company or client policies.
- Works to achieve K.P.I’s and targets set and agreed with line manager
Planning and Organising
- Monitor and maintain weekly and daily work schedule to facilitate completion of all scheduled works.
- Liaise as necessary with key stakeholders to ensure all required equipment, personnel and parts are available at commencement of works and that access is available. Ensure that any required site inductions have been completed.
- Prepare risk assessments and method statements as required and submit to client and Account Manager prior to commencing work.
- Plan time to ensure that reports and quotes are completed in the required timeframes.
- Review spares stock levels and usage on a monthly basis and liaise with procurement to maintain correct levels.
- Liaise with Operations Manager in order to attend any courses required to maintain or update any required personal certifications.
- Liaise with Labour Manager to prioritise work to best meet the needs of the business and clients requirements.
- Take remedial actions as necessary to remedy faulty equipment.
- Take actions as necessary to report or remedy issues identified outside the scope of the works been undertaken
- Determine work methods and equipment required for each job
- Assessing on site risks and safe methods of work.
Key Contacts /Relationships
- Customer contacts for discussion of works and resolution of issues
- Suppliers for sourcing/pricing of equipment.
- Labour Manager for all field engineering matters and task planning.
- Site contacts for discussion and resolution of issues.
- Account Managers for all site specific matters.
- Procurement department for assistance with quote pricing and supply of parts
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrable engineering knowledge and relevant qualifications
- Relevant H&S qualification
- Full UK driving license.
- Understanding of water treatment systems and associated equipment
- Understanding of the importance of the treatment of water systems
- Experience of project management.
- Communication and negotiation skills.
- Teamwork and people management skills.
- Problem-solving ability.
- IT knowledge.
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach to work.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent time management skills.
- A flexible approach to work and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Takes responsibility for own actions, including the impact of own decisions on clients and the company
- Takes appropriate action when anyone in the company violates standards or regulations.
- Acts in a way that demonstrates deep personal integrity and serves as a positive example.
- Views oneself as a reflection of the company by following through on commitments and accepting ownership of any mistakes and learning from them.
- Alters behaviours based on feedback, when behaviours are perceived by others as offensive or embarrassing or detrimental to the company image.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures implemented by the company
- Treats others respectfully at all times.
- Greets others in office, on site etc., introducing self and purpose as the situation warrants
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organisation.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organisation.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organisation: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organisation forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem