Account Manager/Service Engineer – Water Treatment
South East London
Account Manager/Service Engineer – Water Treatment
£25,000 - £30,000 DOE
My client is a very well-established company who specialises in water and wastewater treatment services and chemical products, providing a bespoke and comprehensive range of traditional, innovative and environmentally-friendly solutions to various clients across the UK and Ireland.
The post of Account Manager is a field based role and they will work at the various sites that they have responsibility for. They are part of the Water Treatment Service team and will report to a Senior Account Manager.
They will deliver and manage on-site water treatment services, analysis and Legionella management acting as the main contact for all sites under their accountability. Ensuring revenue growth by promoting of Company products and services to meet and exceed customer expectations. Developing and implementing sales plans and activities to generate additional customers whilst offering a high level of customer service
- Achieves annual sales targets by working with the Senior Account Managers and senior sales personnel to establish selling strategy and tactics.
- Proactive in obtaining orders and establishing new account
- Plans and organizes daily work; calls on existing and potential customers
- Considers customer needs, requirements, and processes recommending solutions with company products and services.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to determine areas of optimization, deconstruct issues and develop cost effective solutions
- Produces quality reports as required by their manager in a timely fashion
- Maintains close contact with senior management regarding account activity, customer needs, prices and competitor activity
- As required complete routine analysis with comments on out of specification results, take appropriate action or discuss suggestions for resolution with client.
- On site stock control and ensuring any products required are ordered with the correct lead time and process with the Procurement & Logistics Manager
- Ensure all scheduled tasks detailed in the water treatment program, as per the TSA, are conducted and recorded.
- Maintain annual planner and all site records to comply with company and legislative requirements.
- Liaising as necessary with client to schedule and ensure completion of any tower cleans, CWST cleans etc. in line with legislative and site requirements
- Maintain regular communication with clients and ensure any required notice period of planned site visits is adhered to.
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained on site.
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure their own safety and that of others.
- Complies with all current legislation and any prevailing site rules. Reports any accidents, incidents or near misses in accordance with Company or client policies.
- Works to achieve K.P. I’s and targets set and agreed with line manager.
Planning and Organising
- Monitor and maintain weekly and daily work schedule to facilitate completion of all scheduled works.
- Liaise as necessary with key stakeholders to ensure all elements of the water treatment programme are completed and recorded and that all systems are operating correctly.
- Ensure risk assessments and method statements as required are submitted prior to commencing work.
- Plan time to ensure that reports are completed in the required timeframes
- Review chemical stock levels and usage on a monthly basis and liaise with Procurement & Logistics to maintain correct levels
- Liaise with Operations Manager in order to attend any courses required to maintain or update any required personal certifications.
- Identify and prioritise work for assigned accounts for Service Chemists, Engineers & Hygiene Service Team.
- Take remedial actions as necessary to remedy out of specification results or faulty equipment
- Identify and find solutions to any problems that may arise through collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor account profitability, consider and recommend changes as required to maximise revenue and service levels
- Assessing on site risks and safe methods of work.
Key Contacts /Relationships
- Customer contacts on all sites
- Senior Account Manager on all activities Service Chemists & Engineers to facilitate any works required
- Water Hygiene Service team with regard to tower cleans etc.
- Procurement & Logistics Manager to arrange deliveries.
- Labour Manager for scheduling work activities
- Oversee profitable operations on allocated sites
- Manage the works and service delivery of operatives on allocated sites
- Takes responsibility for own actions, including the impact of own decisions on clients and the company
- Takes appropriate action when anyone in the company violates standards or regulations.
- Acts in a way that demonstrates deep personal integrity and serves as a positive example.
- Views oneself as a reflection of the company by following through on commitments and accepting ownership of any mistakes and learning from them.
- Alters behaviors based on feedback, when behaviors are perceived by others as offensive or embarrassing or detrimental to the company image.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures implemented by the company.
- Treats others respectfully at all times.
- Greets others in office, on site etc., introducing self and purpose as the situation warrants
Key Skills Required
- Demonstrable chemical knowledge and relevant qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge of water treatment programmes and associated equipment
- Thorough knowledge of ACOP L8 and HSG 274
- Full UK driving licence
- Communication and negotiation skills;
- Teamwork and people management skills;
- Problem-solving ability;
- IT knowledge;
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach to work;
- Commercial awareness;
- Excellent time management skills;
- A flexible approach to work and a willingness to take on new challenges