Stoke on Trent
Permanent (full or P/T Flexible)
£45-50,000 + pension, healthcare and benefits
My client is a market leader specialising in the delivery of joinery schemes between £100,000 up to £1,000,000 and upwards. Typically, schemes involve the supply of door sets, bespoke furniture, run material and associated joinery items. They are different from most supply and fix joinery contractors in the way we approach delivering joinery packages.
The company are looking for a candidate who is able to maximise project margin with proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting. They will be expected to negotiate best value from suppliers and subcontractors, to carry out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final accounts, cost, and sales margin. Other responsibilities will include:
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Price and negotiate contract variations.
- Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Site measures to be undertaken at least once a month and detail recorded on site measure sheets.
Key skills, qualifications and experience required
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
- A HNC or higher qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline.
- At least 3 years work experience in a similar QS role.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Have good practical organisation skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current activities.
Full or Part Time Hours would be considered for this role