£45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
My client is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm who are looking for an ambitious Project Manager to work in their client’s offices. Excellent opportunity to gain experience working client side for a global brand.
The Exciting Opportunity
If you are a Project Manager who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join our team as a Project Manager and you will discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional. In this role, you will provide Project and Programme Management services to a high-profile client. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows. This role will be based from our client’s office in Brentford.
Overview of Role
You will be responsible for providing project management services from inception to completion, in line with client procedures and processes across Research and Development capital programs.
- Supports the Project Sponsor in the development of the business case, defining the project scope, benefits, and objectives
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and deliverable completion of the engineering aspects of the project, using agreed resources, by an agreed date to agreed safety standards and an agreed quality within an agreed budget
- Responsible for co-ordination, scheduling and reporting of activities related to stakeholder management, benefits management, business change management and project communications as agreed with the Project Sponsor.
- Responsible for appointment and ensuring each Project Team member’s full involvement during the development of the project and liaison with the Project Support Group as required to meet the project objectives
- Responsible for generating good project team working, and managing conflict and day to day welfare and performance of the Project Implementation Team members, reviewing issues with individual’s line managers
- Has overall financial responsibility for managing the project within the approved funds
- Responsible for co-ordinating activities related to the application for and approval of statutory local authority Planning Approvals required for the project
- Monitors, controls and reports on project progress on at least monthly basis or as required by the Programme Manager and/or Project Sponsor
- Has responsibility for providing regular, timely, accurate, progress reports, cash flow and cost of completion forecasts to the Programme Manager and/or Project Sponsor
- Has responsibility for the institution and upkeep of the Project Files, meetings record and correspondence, and maintaining the Project Controls information
- Has responsibility for the approval of all purchases and procurement and payments on the project
- Responsible for co-ordinating design reviews and approvals between owner and contractors
- Ensure that owner’s safety, security and fire protection regulations are clearly understood and adhered to, and control the property and premises until hand-over
- In consultation with procurement, has the responsibility for the definition of the contract strategy, and the selection and coordination of contractors and suppliers and ensures that the execution of the project is in accordance with contract and the job specification
- Chairs summary project meetings and ensures all other necessary specialist meetings are held as required
- Has direct responsibility for completion of the project, including interim hand-over’s, to the Project Sponsor
What you have to Offer
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant equivalent experience in Engineering, Project Management or similar discipline
- Project management expertise within a capital engineering environment
- Experience of managing capital delivery within a pharmaceutical sector or working within a comparable portfolio of work for a leading manufacturing/scientific client preferred
- Strong knowledge / record of delivering mechanical, electrical & control works within the building services environment
- Manufacturing experience would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of working within a regulated environment
- An understanding of business issues being addressed and how they relate to the project activities
- Good understanding of Project Controls environment
- Strong influencer and negotiation skills
- Expert in stakeholder management and communication
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Annual holiday allowance (25 days + Stats), plus the option to buy and sell
- One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Annual Professional Subscription Paid
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Long Term Service Awards
- Discretionary Bonus
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- And Lots more!
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the high technology engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis. We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services. Please visit our website www.atsrecruitment.co.uk or for our latest roles and news.