£24-27,000 + benefits
Our client is a successful and well-established HVAC services company that provides commissioning, air & water treatment and fire systems engineering to a range of clients across the UK. The have a current requirement for a CAD Technician to work out of their head office in Chorley.
- Produce drawings and documentation to allow the complete installation of ventilation systems.
- Produce computer layout drawings.
- Detail drawings for all aspect of ventilation systems.
- Liaise with drafting team.
- Prepare project documentation.
- Using AutoCAD 2D & 3D
- Understand and interpret clients’ drawings (for example, ductwork/services layouts, architectural and structural details and plant / equipment information etc).
- Be able to prepare an accurate ductwork layout drawing.
- Attend site if the need arises on a visiting or semi-permanent basis and if necessary reside on site for a period in either a supervised or an unsupervised capacity.
- Be able to take accurate dimensions and understand site limitations.
- Be aware of and assist, where necessary, with the provision/preparation of work priorities, cost reporting information and material quantification.
- AutoCAD 2D & 3D
- Be able to operate the drafting programmes which are available with the business.
- Have the ability to interpret engineering data to produce installation drawings.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to produce documentation in a clear and concise manner
- Able to work accurately with supplementary design data from other work packages.
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
- Be fully aware of the current industry standards at all levels with respect to ventilation systems.
- Experience of ventilation systems
- Building services / ventilation qualifications.
The role is offered on a permanent basis and the company are willing to offer a competitive starting salary of £24-27,000 plus a good benefits package and opportunities for further progression.