Major Projects Associate Surveyor
Major Projects Associate Surveyor
London & South East
As part of our continuing growth, my client is recruiting Building Inspectors/ Risk Management Surveyors based around the Lincolnshire area. You would be joining the Survey Inspection Team of a fast-growing Financials Services SME. My client is an industry leading provider of Structural Insurance warranties with an international presence and a respected brand.
This role would be suitable for:-
Have you had enough of working as a Site Manager?
This position is an ideal opportunity to move away from Site Management and progress into the Building Inspecting/Surveying in structural warranty insurance within the house build market.
Want to become a Building Inspector/Surveyor ?
Have you many years experience within Site Management on new house build from conception to deliverance? As you will have the technical knowledge of the structure of house build from start to finish this is a great opportunity to progress into Building Inspecting/Surveying in structural warranty insurance in the house build market.
Are you a Building Surveyor /Inspector in new house build, looking for a new opportunity ?
We would love to hear from you.
Our client will train you how to conduct the inspection and give you all the necessary support.
Would you like to work from home?
This is a home based position and you must be able to manage and your own workload.
To provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of large and higher risk construction sites registered with the compnay Warranty schemes.
Assisting Major Projects Surveyors in their risk management role with supplementary final inspections and occasional stage inspections. Aiming to progress with experience to a Major Projects Surveyor role.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Primarily responsible for final inspections on HVS, Special Acceptance and 6+ storey projects completed units. Working closely with Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Carrying out occasional supplementary stage inspections on HVS, Special Acceptance and 6+ storey projects to support the day to day risk management by Major Projects Surveyors.
- A ‘progression role’ aiming with experience and training to develop into a Major Projects Surveyor role.
- Assist the Major Projects Surveyors in ensuring adequate and appropriate levels of inspection are undertaken, providing reporting information and Customer concerns/issues.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to Customers.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors on technical matters – must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers/Clients – offer technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to the Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential Clients.
- Undertake high risk and complex work, with minimum supervision.
- Ensure inspections create a minimal claims ratio.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- HNC/HND or (S)NVQ Level 4 in a construction related discipline with minimum grades accepted: Student or Associate member of RICS / CIOB / CABE / ICWCI.
- Relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspection with relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience. The Candidate should have an understanding of high risk areas of construction, such as flat roofs, basements, cladding systems, etc.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology.
- A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website www.atsrecruitment.co.uk or for our latest roles and news.