Quantity Surveyors (Mechanical & Electrical)
£40,000 - £75,000 + outstanding package and benefits
Our client is a global leader in the design, engineering and construction of high tech facilities and major complex projects. They have a wide range of prestigious projects across Europe and internationally, working with leading blue-chip clients in high technology sectors such as renewable energy, pharmaceutical, science & research and data centres. The company currently have a number of exciting commercial opportunities for Quantity Surveyors to be based on their turnkey data centre projects in Denmark.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pricing and assessment of variations and contract entitlement
- Subcontract administration
- Responsible for cost controlling
- Liaising with all parties from initial enquiries through to final accounts
- Actively work with Project Managers relating to contract variations
- Identify areas of risk/scope and develop with the project team
- Manage take off Bill of Quants (BoQ)
- Produce control document when project secured
- Review proposals with designers and select/agree subcontractor enquiry
- Lead procurement of subcontract works packages
- Organise and chair subcontract settlements
- Provide support in respect to legal/contract issues associated with the project
- Attend post tender/pre-qual interviews and report accordingly
- Attend site meetings as necessary
- Input to the supply chain/preferred suppliers for constructional elements in conjunction with project teams for subcontractors/suppliers
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ post-qualification experience
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or construction related subject.
- Strong IT skills
- Experience of package negotiation
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Flexible attitude towards travel and working away.
- Experience working within a high technology sector such as data centres, pharmaceutical, semi-conductor, healthcare.
- Chartered or working towards chartered status
In return for your hard work, our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This includes a working away allowance, salary uplift (circa €10-16,000 per annum) accommodation, monthly return flights, vehicle, private healthcare and pension. The company supports their staff with continued professional development and offer genuine career development opportunities.