Planning Manager (National Grid Projects)
Planning Manager (National Grid projects)
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Our well-established client is a leading global integrator of communications and security solutions for businesses, industries and governments. They offer a wide range of installation, maintenance and commissioning solutions which are suitable for both Hazardous and Non-Hazardous environments.
- Management of the overall planning process and the planning team responsible for the ongoing development and maintaining of the PV programme tool and data base.
- Attending high level client planning meetings , preparing monthly client reports across the whole contract, deputising for and supporting Senior PM's as required, working with the commercial team to support the contract administration process.
- Responsible for leading the first stage call off process for design contracts against the frame work contract.
- Working as a key member of the team responsible for preparing and submitting the commercial aspects of the design deliverables including price and programme for construction.
- Taking a key role on the Senior team/ Contract steering team. Ensure that the client DATA book process is followed and that records are updated throughout the contract.
The key objectives of the role are to;
- Lead a team of Planners and ensure all members of the team adhere to all relevant requirements of the Framework and internal processes and procedures
- Provide detailed project plans based on the clients programme architecture requirements and inputs from the project management and design teams defining clear project milestones and dependencies.
- Monitor and update the planning tools to provide clear visibility of progress to plan through regular reviews and reports to ensure that any potential delays can be highlighted in advance to enable mitigating actions to be implemented.
- Provide accurate resource forecasts and early visibility of potential risks and delays to the programme by suppliers and subcontractors.
- Support the project team in achieving compliance with the Clients requirements and meeting the operational and business objectives of the project.
Responsibilities and Activities
Include but are not limited to;
- Production and agreement of project specific programmes to client defined architecture.
- Produce fully resourced project plans for each technical discipline including suppliers and subcontractor responsibilities that align with the key milestones and deadlines to enable accurate performance tracking by the project manager.
- Produce supplier specific programmes where required to agree contract deadlines and monitor performance and progress.
- Maintain programme to monitor progress and change based on deliverables and milestones.
- Update programmes based on weekly reviews with the project manager to obtain actual progress achieved and agreed with the client.
- Develop reports from Primavera that provide internal reporting data required by the financial and project management systems.
- Develop internal reports providing project specific progress and any programme risks for review by the Project Director.
- Develop reports to interface with finance and support the application process to be administered by the Project Manager.
- Produce high level programme incorporating all NG projects providing key schedule, performance and risk data for review by the Project Director.
- Demonstrate compliance with the internal Quality Procedures and the Clients Quality assurance, Document control and G17 procedures.
- Planning of large multi discipline and integrated Projects.
- Has the ability to interpret client' s schedule criteria and develop fully resourced and detailed programmes in Primavera
- Has a proven ability to work as part of a major projects, Project management team..
- National Grid experience, experience of Grid reporting process specifically monthly update reports.
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis. We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services. Please visit our website www.atsrecruitment.co.uk or for our latest roles and news.