HSE Engineer (National Grid)
£340 - £350 per day
Our well-established client is a leading global integrator of communications and security solutions for businesses, industries and governments. They offer a wide range of installation, maintenance and commissioning solutions which are suitable for both Hazardous and Non-Hazardous environments.
To work from home or work away on various National Grid contracts across the UK.
Reporting to the Head of HSQE & Security the SQE Engineer is responsible for;
- Assisting and advising Site Management and Site staff on all aspects of Health and Safety, Environmental and quality issues likely to effect Company operations.
- Carrying out duties in accordance with the Company Management System, Policies (including Company Rules), and Statutory and Client requirements.
- Providing competent health, environmental and safety advice independent of other functions.
- Attending the monthly Health & Safety Meeting (where appropriate) and proving input to discussion / site feedback.
- Regular engagement in effective safety discussions in the working area with the workforce and capturing a selection of these via the Safety Walkabouts / Don’t walk byes
- Checking emergency arrangements are in place and tested at a suitable frequency.
- Reviewing site trends including Safety Spots to establish local focus areas.
- Assisting the Site Management team to undertake measures to comply with SHEQ legislation.
- Completing compliance audit per programme.
- Assisting to develop Toolbox Talks and other communication material including Alerts and Bulletins.
- Monitoring the completion and upload of Safety KPIs on a monthly basis.
- Assisting the site team to investigate Incidents and Near Misses on allocated sites.
- Development and regular review of the project Construction Phase Plan and appended documents to current status.
- Reviewing a selection of Subcontractor summitted RAMS for adequacy/ adherence.
- Completing COSHH Assessments and Lift Plans, (where qualified).
- Advising & assisting Site Management on implementing CDM roles
- Promoting and communicating best practices and new initiatives/ revised procedures with site teams.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of new or revised Company systems.Attending, promoting and participating in site Client forums / committees and helping to improve cross-site communications.
- The provision of health, safety and environmental training where qualified.
- Formal SHES competence is essential - NEBOSH Construction / General certificate or similar.
- Experience / exposure of working on National Grid facilities is essential.
- Membership of IOSH Tech.
Appointed Person (for lifting)
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the high technology engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website for our latest roles and news.