Building Control Inspector
Building Control Inspector
Freelance - £40.00 - £45.00 per hour
As part of our continuing growth, my client is recruiting Building Control Surveyors to ensure fulfilment of services for a number of clients around the Central London, West London, South West London.
The Building Control Surveyor will provide efficeint and cost-effectgive building control approvals for all projects such as domestic, residential, and commercial as well as historical buildings.(New build, residential, domestic, basements and extensions).
They will offer professional advice and business development associated with building control, and other areas of the building industry that may become relevant to the role.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- 3+ years minimum demonstrable experience as a Building Control /Surveyor or related environment
- Sound knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulatory framework for the provision of the Building Control function.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Building Control related technical matters including traditional techniques
- Knowledge of Building Control related subjects including fire engineering, energy efficiency, access audits, structural appraisals and the like.
- Ability to carry out elementary structural and thermal calculations.
- Background in pre-application negotiation and capacity to secure work.
- Proficient plan checking skills of domestic to complex projects.
- Capable of carrying out risk based assessment for the purposes of operating an effective site inspection regime.
- Demonstrate a background of dangerous structures assessment and directing emergency works
- Member of, or sufficiently qualified to be, a Corporate Member of a professional body relevant to the building profession
- Specialist knowledge of building control related subjects including fire engineering, energy efficiency, access audits, structural appraisal and the like.
Experience / Skills
- Full member of professional organisations with minimum grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / ACABE / MRICS/ LICWCI or similar.
- Relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspection and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience. Extensive experience of deferring construction methods, as well as experience of defect resolution issues.
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative and the ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.