Building Inspector/ Surveyor
£38,000 - £45,000K + Car Allowance
As part of our continuing growth, my client is recruiting Building Inspectors/ Risk Management Surveyors based around the North London area. You would be joining the Survey Inspection Team of a fast-growing Financials Services SME. My client is an industry leading provider of Structural Insurance warranties with an international presence and a respected brand.
This role would be suitable for:-
- Are you a Building Surveyor /Inspector / Building Control Surveyor in new house build, insurance - looking for a new opportunity ?
We would love to hear from you.
- Would you like to work from home?
This is a home based position and you must be able to manage and your own workload.
To provide building / site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites registered for the Warranty schemes.
Duties of the Building Inspector / Surveyor will include:-
- Building Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, Architects offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio.
Experience / Skills
- Part / Full member of professional. Minimum Grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / CABE / LICWCI or similar.
- Relevant BC, plan check, site inspection and / or Warranty experience
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects including structural defects.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative and will be able to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website www.atsrecruitment.co.uk for our latest roles and news.