Warminster – Some travel involved.
£38-43,000 + bonus and benefits.
Our client is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry. They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Manager based at their busy site in Warminster, Wiltshire. Working alongside the Operations Manager, you will be in charge of providing inspired leadership and promote a company culture that boosts morale and performance.
The key management priorities for the role -
- Management of Factory and offices in the absence of the Operations Manager
- Responsibility for all aspects relating to the Production area
- Oversee, manufacture and prepare chemicals for distribution.
- General supervision of Production facility staff
- On-going learning regarding all company products
- Purchasing and inventory of raw materials
- Ensure all operational projects and timescales are met
- Responsible for the leadership, development, performance management and motivation of the manufacturing team to achieve Production targets
- Ensure that adequate stock of all the consumables and materials required for production activities are maintained
- Play active role in continuous improvement lean operations and be able to identify opportunities to cut waste or improve processes where possible.
- Facilities Management and maintenance of Warminster Site
- Invoice sign off
The tasks and responsibilities for the role include -
- Provide management, support and guidance to production team and ensuring the production operation meets key operational metrics in serving customers and driving area/business profitability
- Help ensure manufacturing performance targets are achieved.
- Support the Operations Manager in setting and analysing KPIs and other efficiency measures.
- Ensure the factory area is maintained in a clear, clean and tidy state
- Carry out instructions as per pallet list provided by Distribution Manager
- Ensure QSHE safety and hygiene standards are being met
- Health and Safety-Near Miss reporting
- Day to day liaison with Operations Manager, Technical team and Distribution Manager to ensure consistent high quality of production is upheld
- Ensure all manufacturing processes are in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice
- Ensure all production matters relating to SAP are up to date
- Continued personal development of production staff
- Telephone liaison with suppliers, ensuring correct chemical grades are purchased
- Negotiate best prices to maintain good margins on end products
Profile & Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of Production Management experience.
- Degree in Engineering or any related technological science, preferably in the field of process engineering.
- Relevant experience in Chemical production preferred
- Management experience
- Experience within a Chemical Production Facility
- Minimum IOSH or NEBOSH Health and Safety Qualification
- Working within a team environment
- Knowledge of product purchasing (raw materials)
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Competent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel etc)
- Ability to embrace change and to drive forward and deliver operating plan objectives
The company are willing to offer a competitive salary in the region of £38-43,000 + strong benefits package including annual bonus, private healthcare, life assurance, 25 days holiday + stats, pension and other flexible benefits.
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the high technology engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website www.atsrecruitment.co.uk for our latest roles and news.