Building Surveyor / Inspector
Building Surveyor / Inspector
Up to £45,000 DOE + Excellent Benefits
My client is an industry leading provider of structural insurance warranty provider with an international presence and a respected brand. Due to continued growth they are now looking for a Risk Management Surveyor / Building Surveyor within the North Scotland Area.
To provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self-manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Carry out Developer assessments during the life of projects.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- Part / Full member of professional organisations with minimum grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / ACABE / LICWCI or similar.
- Relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspection and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience. Extensive experience of deferring construction methods, as well as experience of defect resolution issues.
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
- A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Full Driving Licence for use in the UK.
- Proficient in English communications (written and oral).
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website www.atsrecruitment.co.uk for our latest roles and news.