Major Projects Surveyor
Major Projects Surveyor
North London – Enfield
£45,000 – £65,000 + Excellent Benefits
My client is an industry leading provider of Structural Insurance warranty provider with an international presence and a respected brand. Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a Major Projects Surveyor for North London area.
To provide technical building and construction expertise in undertaking site inspections to assess and manage the risk associated with high rise and complex construction projects registered with the MDIS Warranty schemes.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Primarily inspecting projects deemed as ‘Major Projects’ by MDIS, typically High Value Schemes (HVS), Special Acceptance and 6+ storey projects (and occasionally other complex schemes) to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Premier Guarantee / LABC Warranty Technical Manual and to mitigate the opportunity for claims against our policies.
- Assist the management team in ensuring adequate and appropriate levels of inspection are undertaken, providing reporting information and customer concerns / issues.
- Working in conjunction with the Major Projects design review team to achieve the above and assisting the need to utilise internal and external specialists to assess some specific risks.
- Effectively self-manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful, and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Ongoing liaison with developers / clients – offers technical advice and guidance.
- Provide feedback to the management team on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- Full member of professional organisation(s) with minimum grades accepted: MRICS / MCIOB / MCABE / MICWCI or similar. You will be considered if you are working towards the qualifications and expect to gain professional membership imminently.
- Experience, ideally site inspections in warranty and / or building control major projects. Extensive experience of differing construction methods, as well as experience of defect resolution. The candidate must have experience and understanding of high-risk areas of construction, such as flat roofs, basements, cladding systems, etc.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, and construction standards.
- Requires a good understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel).
- Full Driving Licence for use in the UK.
- Ability to fulfil the mobility requirements of the MPS role, including (but not limited to) the ability to.
- move around a site.
- climb ladders.
- work at height.
- drive reasonable distances.
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website www.atsrecruitment.co.uk for our latest roles and news.